Medivate (from "meditate" and "motivate") is a service to help people establish and maintain a regular meditation practice. Our goal is simple: "everyone who wants to meditate, does."
- Your meditation log: A "meditation diary"—the minutes you meditate each day, a "rating" for how meditating felt that day, and space for both public comments (viewable by other users) and private comments (only viewable by you).
You can do a lot with the data on your meditation log: You can set and track meditation goals for yourself, and set rewards once you complete them. You can graph your log data, and see, for example, how your daily ratings have fluctuated over time. The log is also searchable, so you can find specific words in your comments, or view your comments on days that you rated highly.
- Your meditation portrait: A private (just for you) picture of how your meditation is going, what challenges you face, and most importantly what motivates you to do it. We find that having this information explicit and top-of-mind (rather than fuzzy) helps us stay focused and committed to our meditation practice.
- Daily quotes: a daily stream of motivating quotes from authors and on topics of your choice. The reminders are currently email-based; we'll eventually offer mobile phone-based reminders as well, and will broaden the scope of the reminders to include scientific studies on meditation, your own stated motivators, and more.
- Your meditation journal, a place for (public or private) reflection on your meditation practice and its interaction with your daily life.
- Medivate groups, on any meditation-related topic. We modeled the group discussion boards after popular forum software like Stack Overflow and Reddit, so we think it'll be more complete, better organized, and more fun to use than most existing meditation forums.
- User profiles, private messaging between users, and the ability to follow other users.